- So who are you?
I’m a writer living and working in San Diego, CA.
- Where can I read your stuff?
I have links to all my work that has been published online in my bibliography.
- What the heck is speculative fiction?
Speculative fiction is an umbrella term for the weird stuff like fantasy, science fiction, horror, magical realism, slipstream, steampunk, paranormal, weird western, fairy tale, gothic… you get the idea. Somebody decided it was better to have a catch-all term instead of waving our hands and saying, “Y’know, all that stuff.”
- What kind of fiction are you best versed in editing?
Speculative fiction of all stripes for middle grade, young adult, and adult.
- What kind of fiction do you not edit?
Picture books and young children’s books, and stories featuring non-consensual sex, incest, or bigotry against Indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, neurodivergent people, disabled people, etc.
- Will you proofread my manuscript?
I’m not offering proofreading services at this time, no.
- Do you guarantee that anything you edit will be published?
I’ll help you strengthen and polish your manuscript, but unfortunately there are no guarantees in publishing. That’s true no matter how many editors you do (or don’t) contract with.
- Do publishers require that I hire an editor to work on my manuscript?
Depending on your experience and where you are in the writing process, outside help can be invaluable. It’s definitely not required, though! That goes for both traditional and self publishing.
- I have a question about the Clarion Writers’ Workshop.
And I have an answer. (Or if I don’t, I can put you in touch with someone who does.) Contact me to ask, though be forewarned–I had a marvelous, wondrous time at Clarion and will talk your ear off about it.